Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Love You, Grandpa

This is a short blog of rememberance and honoring the life of a man I looked up to a great deal.  As some of you know my beloved Grandfather passed away recently, on Election Day of all days.  He was a brilliant, loving people person type of man who everyone has commented that they will remember most for his smile.  To me he was pure love and one of his greatest joys in life was talking to someone and making them laugh.  He has a special place in my heart and I will never forget him.

Speaking of which, we returned from his funeral on Saturday to find that my art had been honored in someone's online blog that very day.  Even more astonishing was that the blog was about forget me not flowers, with this quote used:  "Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of Heaven, Blossom the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels."

 Here is the blog entry:  Forget Me Nots

I felt like this random blog and us seeing it right when we got back from the funeral was a message from my Grandpa saying "don't forget me."

And in response...I love you Grandpa, and I could never, ever forget you.



My Grandpa Merle and Grandma Jean on their first outing together



4 comments:

  1. Aww...This is a nice post. I simply adore b&w photos. I know you will be grieving for quite sometime, but just remember this: "The grass cannot grow without water, a rainbow cannot shine without rain and the soul cannot heal without tears." Big {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's my favorite picture of them. I actually did a painting based on this picture and gave it to them a while back as a gift. It was displayed at the funeral. It gets easier every day. I know he was ready to leave this world. When I think of him my eyes still tear up, but I know he is okay and happy and free of his body that couldn't move the way it could when he was younger. I feel his spirit and know he is happy and well. I try to call my Grandma a lot more now and send her good thoughts every day to hopefully comfort her. Thank you for the big hugs! :D And I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been some time now and I know you still miss your Grandpa and the idea that physically he is no longer here to be able to hug. He loved you and adored you as a granddaughter. I was so lucky to meet him before his passing. What a great and wonderful person to have touched so many lives in his life. Just shows the impact that one person can have on a community and help the growth of humanity in general. Thank you Grandpa Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He touched many people with his love of people and his joy of being alive. Thanks again for flying up there with me 'on the fly', love.

    ReplyDelete