Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

So Halloween was a lot of fun last night.  The only things I would have changed would be chillier weather (it is simply not right or Autumny at all to have the a.c. running on Halloween day/night.  It is October 31 and I expect to be slightly chilled while answering the door!) and I would have somehow transported the awesome chili Shane's mom makes over to our place so we could have the pleasure of answering the door while serving up some chili between doorbell rings.  Our place is not the most accommodating when it comes to Halloween as our door is all the way across our home from our office where we spend most of our time, and down a bunch of stairs.  It is actually like a workout.  And some homemade chili would have been perfect to go with that workout. :D

It was a wonderful night though.  I am the type of person who gets just as excited about Halloween now as I did when I was 5, and wishes I could still trick or treat.  Maybe that is one benefit to having kids that I didn't fully consider yet, haha!  I always have to dress up each year and take answering the door very seriously.  This year we were armed with a purple pumpkin-emblemed bowl filled with Skittles packs, Snickers, and Twix.  I even ran out to the store to grab one more bag of mini Snickers just in case.  That is where I found my bunny costume.  I really hadn't wanted to spend money on an outfit this year, but it was only $5 for the ears, bow tie, and tail, and I figured I could wear something comfortable with it, so why not?  I wasn't really going for a sexy bunny look here, more like cute and comfy.  And honestly I had no idea what to do with my hair...what hairstyle does one do with bunny ears?  Who knows?  I went with braids...

Shane was a 3 hole punch again from the Office inspired birthday party we went to for my friend earlier this year.  His costume is simple, yet effective (in baffling everyone), comfortable, and could possibly double as a domino outfit.

Anyway, we had a blast...30 kids came?  50?  (Shane says I overestimate lol).  And no Halloween would be complete without a little music from The Nightmare Before Christmas "This is Halloween!" and The Monster Mash playing while we did a little Guild Wars II online pumpkin carving.  I hope everyone had an awesome Halloween!  Here are some pictures of our outfits and candy bowl.



Attempting the bunny nose twitch



Listening...



Attempting to scratch my head with my 'leg' (okay I look more like a cat here oops)




3 Hole Punch and Bunny




Bunny ears on bunny ears




Shane trying on my ears




Candy bowl o' goodness




4 comments:

  1. We are dorks...but we have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, so true on both accounts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute & your make-up is awesome! I ♥the eyes! Yes, one of the benefit of having children is going trick or treating! I get as much snickers & reese's cups as I want for free. Plus, I get to dress up & be a big kid! lol Halloween was fun her too. Not, too many kids came this year though, but it was still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sonya! I love makeup lol (see my my other blog haha). I am glad you and the family had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete