Thursday, October 11, 2012

Grateful Life


Today is another gorgeous Fall day.  The weather is pretty much what I would call 'ideal'.  Probably a little on the cold side for many, but it feels nice to bundle up a bit and feel a chill after summer.  Before diving into painting today (and for the record I'm hoping to attempt a rainy palette knife painting and some more abstract pour paintings soon), I decided to do a blog since it's been a while and I'm feeling the blogging today.

Here are a few random quotes I am loving today:

"Life is an adventure in forgiveness."  -Norman Cousins

"Everyone has his burden; what counts is how you carry it."  -Joe Brown and David Brown

"People are all over the world telling their one dramatic story and how their life has turned into getting over this one event.  Now their lives are more about the past than their future."  -Chuck Palahniuk (1962-), Invisible Monsters, 1999

So far it has been a beautiful Autumn.  That Autumny feeling has set into the air and things seem magical.  I am enjoying being an artist every day.  I saw a quote from someone recently that was to the effect of "every day I wake up and am thrilled to be an artist".  I could not agree more.  It is a never ending journey of learning new techniques for me, trying new things, figuring out how to best express images in my head that day.  Should I use texture to bring out the petals?  Which colors am I feeling for the piece.  Should I do it on one canvas or 3?  It is the journey of learning new techniques for me that makes art so exciting.

Since it is a good practice to do (actually every day if one can), I am going to blog my list of things I am grateful for in life today here.  I highly recommend doing this to lift your spirits if you are down or just as a best practice for general happiness and a healthier life.  It is great to do every day, if possible as it puts you in a state of productive thought.

Things I am grateful for in my life today:

1.  My husband, a wonderful companion in all ways, who is the epitome of beauty inside and out

2.  Our home, which reminds me of an artist's loft (I like to pretend it actually is), and is spacious and clean with a view of the snowy mountains

3.  My cats, who love unconditionally and follow me everywhere.  Fluffy balls of goodness, they are.

4.  My art, which is always with me in my mind and heart no matter where I go, which gives me a source of expression and joy that doesn't compare to much else

5.  My parents, whom I have grown closer to over the years, who make me laugh so much and allow me to be completely myself with them and love me for it

6.  My husband's amazing family, who are warm and inviting and have become truly my second family.  Who I love spending time with

7.  My friends, who are beyond fun to hang out with.  They are incredible people that fill my hours with laughter, joy, and sharing, who I cannot get enough of.

8.  My plants, whom I adore.  I water, fertilize and love them, and they in turn reward me with green vibrancy and occasional blooms that reflect the essence of life itself.

9.  Feeling free because my credit card debt has been fully paid off for almost 2 years now and has not revisited

10.  Finding out my credit score is awesome!

11. And lastly, today I am grateful for maturity.  I am grateful for growing up because it allows me to make better choices in life.  To seek peace instead of battles, kindness instead of selfishness, reflection instead of anger.  It is this type of thinking that leads me more and more to a place of calmness, happiness, and serenity in my life.

Here are some recent paintings I have finished, and my Etsy site is here, should you want to visit:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaintedRainGallery  I hope everyone has a beautiful Autumn!!


Red Autumn

White Blossoms on Plum Gold

We Could Have Danced All Night

The Jade Tree

Lavender Serenity

Red Winter

Blue Serenity

Two Trees











2 comments:

  1. My awesome friend Sonya is trying to leave me comments but they keep erasing, so here is the comment she left on this blog entry:

    Sonya M. Jones has left a new comment on your post "Grateful Life":

    I ♥ coming to visit your posts. You should definitely, make the time to blog more. You're so right, we should all make a mental note of what we are grateful for. Your list is very inspiring. The paintings are gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Sonya, and for liking my blog lol :D I will be blogging a lot more and am going to make an effort to check out your blog also. I just think being grateful puts us in an instantly positive state which is a great place to get to as much as we possibly can. Thank you for being inspired, and for you compliments on my paintings. You inspire me too!

    ReplyDelete