Friday, October 12, 2012

Rainy Friday Thoughts

Here are some quotes that spoke to me on this rainy, chilly Autumn day:

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."  -Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbably, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."  -Christopher Reeve, From speech at Democratic National Convention, August 1996

"You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a day, where you don't know what was in the newspapers that morning...a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be."  -Joseph Campbell (1904 - 1987)


I have been waiting for a day like this for some time now.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sunshine...to the max.  It is empowering and gets me moving and being productive.  But there is something to be said for a gray rainy day, with it's somber yet beautiful contrast to sunshine.  Especially one with Autumn's early chill in the air.  That day is today.

What will I be doing today?  Painting, of course.  And listing some of my new abstract paintings.  I am kind of in love with abstract art at the moment, but unable to commit to it as textured pieces and surreal landscapes still call to me too.  Today, after I list some new pieces I will be going out with my husband to grab some more paint, stopping at IKEA to couch hunt, and hopefully painting late into the evening, possibly with a little gaming happening too.

For some fun and randomly interesting stuff, here is my Online Elemental Forces of Creation Oracle Reading for today.  I love this site and go here often.    It is free and does a 3 card reading for you that I find enjoyable and helpful.  My 3 cards today were:

Fire:  Energized

Juiced with your inner firepower you are vibrantly alive and run an abundance of life force energy.  When you follow your passion and find ways to engage yourself, you energetically engage life.  How can fire assist you to become energized and enlivened?

Water:  Nourishment

Water is an essential nutrient for sustaining life.  The land, plants, and people wither and die when they go too long without water.  One of the best ways to nourish yourself and others with water and the emotional realm is by feeling appreciation.  The rich energy of true appreciation is an uplifting gift to the soul.  Drinking lots of good water is especially nourishing to the physical body.  In what ways does water want you to nourish yourself or others?

Spirit:  Desire

Spirit brings you to your next level of growth and development through your desires.  Your desires are the pulsation of spirit through you.  You need to learn to listen to your inner voice around your desires, and not the calling of the outer world.  Sometimes your desires are different than what the outer world says you are supposed to desire.  Each of us has unique expression, therefore unique desires.  The simple act of listening to your individual desires takes courage, and often bringing the desire into being takes you to your next level of personal development.  How is spirit calling you through your desires?  Are you listening deeply to your unique calling?

Check out this site if you want your 3 cards today (free, no spam, no signing up for anything):  http://naturalrhythms.org/2.0/wp-contentuploads201112/



On another random note, I love white dogs!  I hope to own one someday so I can jog in the snow with it (and hopefully it won't get lost in the snow).



Have a beautiful Friday, all.


4 comments:

  1. Another comment from my friend Sonya that keeps getting erased somehow:

    Sonya M. Jones has left a new comment on your post "Rainy Friday Thoughts":

    OMG...First let me say I love the new look in here! How'd you do this? Please share! So artistic looking! This is a spiritual & uplifiting post. I most ♥ the quote by Christopher Reeves. I'm going to have to borrow that. Can't wait to see what you are working on. I ♥ abstract art as well.

    My little inventory is coming along. I'm up to 18 pieces & 4 of them are toddler outfits. I'm also learning how to knit on a loom! Hmm...we'll see how that goes. My 1st project is a scarf. Still trying to find my place, but I heard something interesting yesterday. I like the show Shark Tank & one of the Sharks said something so profound. He said once you have stumbled upon that unique thing you're good at keep doing it and expand on it. Well I like bee art and I'm good at coming up with unique concepts regarding it. Soooo...I think I should focus more on this area, but still leave a small window open to explore new things. I'm going to get there. Enjoy your weekend! Happy paint & couch shopping w/the hubs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonya! I just went to my blog to respond to your comments but somehow they were gone. I'm not sure what happened. Sad. I hope they reappear somehow lol.

    Anyway, thanks! It was actually one of the options for layout under the 'Travel' section. I just changed the text to be a little brighter so it shows up better. I'm glad you like it! I'm glad you like the Christopher Reeves quote. I am fairly obsessed with good quotes and always on the hunt for more. They truly inspire me. Abstract art is so fun and free and I love how you can express color and form in such different terms than regular detail art.

    Grats on your inventory, that is awesome! Have fun knitting on a loom, I have never tried that except for the little tiny ones. That sounds like so much fun, you'll have to let me know how it goes. I agree with you that you have definitely found what you are good at, we are drawn to certain things for a reason and you are very good with the bee art! The couch shopping was great, we found something simple and very comfy. I hope you have an awesome weekend also!!

    Best,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lover! Enjoyed the blog as always. Love the redecoration of the blog also. I love watching you do Abstract...it's like you get lost in it and you are in your own little world describing the colors and pattern that you see in your head. You are a beautiful artist where your paintings should be required in all homes ;). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you love! Your endless encouragement and love mean so much to me. Thank you for being everything that you are and for letting me be entirely myself too. I am grateful for and treasure every day that we have together!

    ReplyDelete